Don’t let the end of support for Windows Server and SQL Server 2008 sneak up on you—the impacts to security and costs are too important. Avoid business disruptions and use this as an opportunity to adopt the most current security and innovation technologies.
Support for SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2 will end on January 14, 2020. This means:
- No Security Updates – there will be no access to critical security updates, opening the potential for business interruptions. Without security updates you may fail to comply with standards and regulations that can seriously hamper your ability to:
- Protect against hackers, malware with root access to machines, man in the middle scenarios, and government subpoenas
- Securely purge for customer data, leaving it vulnerable to access by outside parties
- Compliance Concerns – As support ends, your organization may fail to meet compliance standards and industry regulations.
- Missed Innovation Opportunities – Leaders that embrace digital transformation outperform the competition.
If upgrading seems overwhelming, our IT experts can take it on. A managed service provider can suggest the best software for your business needs and set it up, too. To find out more information check out our Cloud Solutions and Managed Services Sections. Call us today at 403-262-4015.